Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Strange Workplace Snafu

I am having a problem printing to the network printer I am assigned to so I asked "Art" the unofficial computer expert in our office about it. He tried to help (couldn't fix it) and so I asked what the official channel was. He said, "I guess you could call the computer guys, but nobody does that because...they just screw it up" You have to read it with the pause between "because" and "they" to get the real feeling.

So the "computer guys," whose job it is to actually do the work are undermined by people who are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, because the "computer guys" suck. In other words, whatever you do, DO NOT call the people you are supposed to call, because they will make it worse. Why not hire "computer guys" who know what they are doing?

I LOVE working in this kind of environment, it gives me more material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home