Thursday, March 24, 2005

Schiavo Chime In

Yes, it is tragic. I took the time to check out the timeline of events leading up to it, and the whole thing stinks. The husband is a jerk, the parents have their issues, Terri is stuck in the middle of all these people trying to decide for her what she wants. But it looks like her husband is on solid ground, and the whole thing should have stayed in Florida. It does not mean America is now a "Culture of Death" or anything else. It's just a sad thing that happened. Remember Republicans, states rights is one of "our issues" and it should apply even when we don't like the outcome.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Marc said...

I'm also holding my nose and agreeing with the law.

The monster who was her former husband will dance with glee (and I'm not exaggerating), and her parents will mourn, but congress and the potus have no place in this matter.

Three points:
If I were the husband, I would not want the parents trying to decide that fate of my wife. She is an adult, not a minor under their guardianship.

If I was the Father, I would have shot the bastard ex-husband years ago. Then my wife would have been next of kin, and assumed all decision making. I'd be in prison, but my daughter would live.

This woman would have died over a decade ago, had not Man interfered with the natural process. Because we can do something, does not always translate to 'should' do something.

This is an ugly situation no matter how it is examined.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

States' Rights = Good

Judicial Tyrrany = Bad

It seems to me that Congress and the President's involvement was more of an attempt to check the other branch of government than an interference in personal matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home