Thursday, December 14, 2006

Future Elections Influenced Heavily by Post 9/11 Service?

Hugh Hewitt believes that future elections will have a sort of litmus test associated with them. Namely, what were you doing during the war on terror?

The reason this article jumped out at me is because I have often contemplated running for office some day after I finish everything else I want to do. I guess if Hewitt is right, I have lucked out. I joined the Army about 8 months before 9/11/2001. I had no idea what was coming, and even right after, it seemed like just another terror attack that we would respond to with the usual law enforcement tactics.

I had a chance to get out for good in 2004, but I have made a new commitment as of April this year, and will be continue to until at least my 20 year mark.

I guess I will be able to say "I was on active duty during that time" if someone asks. Cool.

Here is the article.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Me Rose said...

Hey Klagic:
You talk to much and you always have.
Quite down and do panel for block check!
Jeff Rose

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pvt. Barnyard... get over here! Sand Hill ol' buddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home